How to Request Special Assistance Service through Alaska Reservations?
With excellent hospitality and award-winning customer service, Alaska Air keeps a regular record of its flyer's needs. This air passenger carrier is fully committed to giving the best services while assuring affordable airfares. Customers can now ask for special assistance from Alaska without any hassle and get their sought help within no time.
Wheelchair Assistance on Alaska
Alaska offers necessary assistance to anyone using a wheelchair or other mobility devices. Customers can avail themselves wheelchairs and wheelchair escorts at every airport for their use. Some airports also provide electric carts to the customers. It allows all types of personal wheelchairs including, folding, collapsible, manual wheelchairs, electric/battery-powered wheelchairs, and electric-powered carts or scooters.
At the Airport
- Alaska does not offer curbside skycap service at most airports.
- It is suggested to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to scheduled departure and then go directly to one of Alaska's customer service representatives.
- Customers need to inform customer service executives at the airport of all services required, including transfer assistance and/or deplaning at a connecting/arrival airport.
- Please note that while customer service agents and/or wheelchair escorts are assisting you to the baggage claim, in-terminal rental car counter, or curbside desk, they will not wait with you or provide help with ground transportation.
While Boarding the Aircraft
For any assistance to get onto the aircraft, Alaska flight executives offer the following options:
- Lift/Ramp - a boarding or deplaning facility for those unable to climb or walk.
- Aisle chair/Slide boards - specially designed wheelchairs/slings facility for non-ambulatory travelers to get in and out of their seats.
It is advised to arrive for boarding 45 minutes at the gate prior to the departure have sufficient time to safely board customers and their baggage.
On the Aircraft
Alaska's every aircraft is equipped with onboard wheelchairs for customers who need assistance to and from the lavatory with the following additional services:
- Assistance with loading and retrieving carry-on items.
- Assistance with package opening
- Assistance while identifying food
- Ensuring safety briefing to any traveler individually whose disability prevents him or her from receiving information presented in the general briefing.